Tuesday, April 5, 2011

I'm feeling motivated

 Tonight's styling event at CWS was Styling Cat/meow.  I went as leopard.  So did a few other gals.  I had thought about going as cat in a business suit "styling cat" but I had this really nice look leopard leotard and I wanted to wear it.  I put leopard iris eyes, leopard ears, leopard tail, leopard heels, and white claws to bring the whole outfit together.  Oh I choose to wear my newest hair from A&A, which really matched the colors of the leopard spots.  When I got on the runway, I hit my marks, did my poses, and followed the routine.  But I didn't win.  I'm not really surprised that did not win tonight's styling event...winning at these contests don't seem to be within my grasps right now.   

I keep getting mixed comments on my poses, so I wasn't entirely surprised at the judge's scores.  When I am knocked down, I try to fall facing up... hold my head up high... and look at what I need to improve.  This is not easy.  It's much easier to fall face down...and crawl away.  Following the words of one my favorite motivational speakers, "if I fall facing up, I can get up."  Being able to see your goals, keeping your eye on where you are going, is just as important as getting there. 

I know what I need to do.  I just have to do it.  I am a budding professional SL model now...and it's time to hone my skills and pump this career up a few notches!! 


Thoughts to ponder: It is said "that you can't win them all".  But, surely you can lose them all.  Right??

Suki

No comments:

Post a Comment